Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Any Help Appreciated

As a lot of people know me would know, I never ask for help even when I really need it. I'm very stubborn that way.

But these last few months have taken a toll on both me and my other half Will (aka my man who keeps me sane and grounded) both emotionally and financially.

It all started when we found out that Will would be losing his job, and with that his insurance. Sure enough while this is all going on we found out that Will had a tumor that was potentially cancerous. On top of this we were in the middle of our plans to move into our first apartment together. Well now after a few major procedures and this last week his surgery to finally remove the tumor, we're hurting to pay our regular bills. Because I'm the only one with a full-time job, just about everything I have goes into paying everything possible, and even then it's not enough (I only earn a little above minimum wage).

And here's where we get the biggest kick to the gut. On St. Patrick's Day while on our way to visit his parents (as he hadn't been able to get out of the house for about a week), we found our car broken into. I don't know how, but they managed to pry the top of the passenger side door down shattering the glass and ransacking the insides. They managed to make away with a grand total of $2 in toll change that they took with the change purse I held it in. Suffice to say, the cops were no help, and a man walking his dog said that he'd seen the damage for about a week, even parking his car next to ours and never made an attempt to contact the authorities. So now we're without a car and the damage is going to cost us $$$. I've been trying to go to work by bus since his surgery, but will continue to do so since I don't have an alternate way to get there. So the things we need to pay for keep piling up.

Here's where you come in. If you're able to, any donations would be greatly appreciated. I will be offering sketches to anyone who requests one (I will be trying to get them done as soon as possible as I had to take on more gigs to help pay for groceries), but anything would go a long way. Everything will be used to pay off bills.

If you'd like to request a sketch, let me know what the subject you'd like by e-mail at: deillustration@gmail.com

Below is a PayPal donation button

No comments: